Visit to Lucknow - the flip side :(

While I was returning alone from Lucknow last week, I had a feeling of mixed emotions. As anyone would expect, some part of my heart was jumping & yelling with excitement: "freedom...." & every time some part of my brain was modifying that yell to "freedom.... is temporary".

However, I had no idea that both these feelings were about to be washed away with nostalgia pretty soon. When I unlocked the door & stepped into my home; something hit my foot. I saw that it was one of Piku's toy; a duckling fixed atop a slightly heavy ball. You might have seen toys that have something filled at the bottom so that they're always in standing position, despite all punches & kicks. So as soon as I stepped in & hit it, it started revolving around my foot. I felt a jab in my heart because sometime back (i.e. before Piku learned to walk), Piku used to do this whenever I returned from office. He used to move around my feet, uttering words in his own language. I felt a lump in my throat as I visualized my kid cajoling me to pick him up. Nostalgia hit me & it hit very hard.

Since we had left in a hurry while going to Lucknow, so the place was still flooded with things that constantly reminded me that I've to stay alone for next few weeks.

2 comments:

Khalifa Sabir said...

wonderful, very symbolic representation precisely sketching the feeling of missing your loved ones.......

Unknown said...

However, timepieces with Observatory provenance are on a different replica watches sale level. Before the advent of quartz watches during the 1960's, Observatory Precision Contests were organized to replica watches uk verify the finest and specially developed movements. Patek has won over 700 titles over the course of several decades on these competitions. Joe Ben Champion, who ordered this watch, was a successful criminal defense attorney, and replica watches sale he also was one of the most important clients of Patek Philippe. Rumors say that he also happened to be obsessed with rolex replica uk accuracy, an attribute that probably came in handy upon standing on the defense's side in some of the most challenging trials. A match made in heaven, he requested a Chronometer certified watch from Patek, a piece replica watches sale he received in the form of this very timepiece. It was equipped with a special movement of which although thirty were made to enter Observatory contests with, only two had ever been cased.

AMS Google Ad