Morning Walk - Precursor

We all know that having elders in the house is a blessing. They guide us and help us in so many ways.
Be it giving proper rites (sanskar) to our kids, or comforting us when we are facing hard times, or guiding us when we feel really lost (or are actually lost but have a working cellphone). But you know what works best for me? They kick the bad habits out of us, and keep kicking :D

Since I have been out of my hometown for so many years, I had somewhat forgotten this blessing, but my last visit gave me a refresher.

Actually, Dad goes for morning walk every day to Lohia Park with his friends; so during my last visit to Lucknow, I asked him to take me with him the next morning. You get it where this is heading, don't you :)

I also said "Papa, no matter what excuse I mention in the morning, please ignore that". This was around 11:30 PM, and after that he went to sleep. However, I couldn't fall asleep as quickly as I do on regular days.

In order to be sufficiently motivated, I decided to watch a few motivational videos on YouTube and before I realized, it was 2 in the morning!

"That's enough motivation........... for day after tomorrow" I told myself and went to sleep.

5:45 AM - "Bittu utho". Probably I heard Papa's voice but he got only "zzzz..." in response.

6:00 AM - "Ye Vividh Bharti ki vigyapan prasaran seva ka Lucknow kendra hai (ये विविध भारती की विज्ञापन प्रसारण सेवा का लखनऊ केंद्र है)". Did I ever mention that my Dad still likes to listen to All India Radio. He has kept old radios in different rooms including bathrooms, and switches them ON as per his convenience. These are those really old quadragenarian radios from Philips, Murphy Munna (yeah, that too), that are either "very loud and filled with clear sound" or "very loud and filled with only static noise". So, the sound did kick my sweet sweet sleep pretty hard. However, being Piku's papa, my inner self did squirm, but my body didn't react.

6:10 AM - "I am going to prepare tea. Get up."
"Papa, I slept very late at night; I will not be able to go today for morning walk".

5 minutes later - "Do you want to drink green tea? Otherwise I will prepare regular one" he asked again
Me - "Papa, I don't like green tea, and I didn't sleep timely. Can we skip today...zzzzz"

2 more minutes passed - "It is almost ready"
Me - "Pappaa... pleeeease "

Few more minutes later - "Do you want sugarfree or regular sugar?"
Me - ""mmffff.... grumpphhh..."

... and few more minutes - "Bittoooo..."
Me (getting up and rushing to washroom) - "I will have rusk with that"!!!

AMS Google Ad