Piku's Mundan

A couple of weeks ago, all of a sudden we realized that if we need to perform our kid's mundan ( मुंडन ) then that has to be done on 20th Sep 09, Sunday (i.e. yesterday). For those who don't know about mundan: it is a religious ceremony in Hindu dharm where baby's head is shaved & hair are flowed in river. Apart from religious purposes, it is believed that this helps in getting good hair growth.

Since I'm a guy of planning (that is what I'm known for in my family) so I rolled out my plan on Saturday evening. The plan was pretty simple, get up early & leave for Omkareshwar by 6 in the morning; reach there by 9, find a barber, get the mundan done, be back by 3 PM.

Of course there were few tiny insignificant irrelevant factors that could've disturbed the plan but I knew I could easily avoid them. Some of the insignificant factors were:

  1. Finding a petrol station early morning because my car was nearly out of fuel ..... not a big deal at all; I've heard there are 24 hrs petrol pumps in Mumbai, so there must be some in Indore also; after all Indore is also known as mini-mumbai

  2. Finding a barber at a place 100 kms away from my residence ..... not a big deal again; every place has got barbers
  3. Preparing food for our kiddo before we leave ..... I know my wife is very keen about our kid's diet, so she would figure out something
  4. To leave by 6 AM, we had to get up by 4:30 AM ..... piece of cake!

 So, as we all can see how miniscule these factors were; I didn't pay much attention to them & went to a peaceful sleep on Saturday night.

Next morning, exactly as per plan - we woke up, bathed our kid, prepared his foodings, our breakfast etc etc and left home at 10 AM for Ujjain!


PS: Ujjain is around 50 kms away, whereas Omkareshwar is 100 kms away from my residence!

No comments:

AMS Google Ad