Firstlings!

First smile, first laugh, first tooth, first step, first birthday… these are usually typical firstlings that people note about their baby. Well, what I'm gonna write about is slightly different firstling about my kid!

Today, my boy tried to break the bed-frame with his head for the first time; that too while his mom was holding him... and he was half-asleep, or should I say quarter-to-full asleep, or quarter-to-one asleep, or 75% asleep... d'uh! He was nearly asleep! (this sounds much better). I know there would be numerous incidents in future, but you know first is always first & second is nowhere :)

I might've underestimated my kid's power (& the force), but an ugly bump that emerged on his forehead within minutes showed glimpse of my kid's true potential. It was a shining beauty but would've looked better on the bed rather than his forehead. His hard-hitting-fact, err... I mean hard-head-hitting-act lasted for just a second, but consumed couple of hours from our time. Just imagine, if he can do this when he is half-asleep or quarter-to-one asleep... I mean nearly asleep, what will he be able to do when he is fully awake. That is what I mean by true potential.

Anyways, I coolly assured my wife that this is nothing special and she must keep calm, but within seconds I could hear my own panicking voices in my mind "Oh my God, oh my God, what do I do, where should I go, this doctor or that doctor, this medicine or that medicine, should I apply ice or something warm to help etc. etc. etc."
While I was pseudo-panicking, my wife reached out for her cellphone, called one of her friends who has an year old baby, talked to her & brought a small ice pack to apply on my kid's forehead.

Moments later, I was boasting to her about my abilities to calm down baby. What? You don't agree? She neither. But after all, during whole panic vs. calm episode, he was in my arms!

No comments:

AMS Google Ad